Friday, June 12, 2015

Teaching with Technology Blog- Wrap up and Closure

Two insights that expired me while taking this course is not being afraid to try something new like blogging. Another thing that inspired me  is to do my research on the different technologies that could be used in the classroom, even if I view it as boring because it just grasp a certain students attention being that everyone is unique.

Two insights related to andragogy that inspired me is to know the student population that I teach. It is important to know what tools to use to teach students. Another insight that I have gained is to take time and plan my lesson around the learning objectives to make sure the students learn the course content.

I will incorporate these insights into my future teaching practices by exploring different teaching and learning practices to make sure the students are grasping the learning material. I will also use different technologies to accomplish the learning objectives of the course.
                                                                                     Terry Mc Quay M.P.A.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,

    Anytime that we venture into new territory it can be disconcerting. I always keep in mind that my students may have that same unsettling feeling as they undertake a new course. Instructors need to be reminded sometimes of what it is like to be on the other side of the desk trying to learn something new. It is when we can empathize with our students that we gain a deeper insight into ways to create a truly engaging learning environment. When introducing new technologies into the classroom, I try to make everyone feel comfortable using modeling techniques. ~ Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry,

    I didn't even think of the willingness to be open to technology. I think everyone has some sort of fear. It might be fear of changing teaching methods or even fear of students not accepting the new technological method. However, I think it is ok to have concerns but fear will just hold us educators back.

    Also, I have thought about the population of students and I do think embracing technology into the classroom is important. However, we will still hit obstacles with students who do not embrace certain technologies regardless of age. It might be wise to take a poll before class to see what students are familiar with the technology that will be used for the course.

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they we always hit obstacles. Although blackboard has been around for a while, students still need me to help them through it, especially the online library.
      Working with different technology is challenging because I wonder if the student's would like it or if I could incorporate it successfully.

      Delete
  3. Terry,

    I think technology is intimidating like most things until we dive in an experiment. Having measurable learning objectives and then assessments that allow students to demonstrate their master of the objectives is keeping with best practices.

    Mark B

    ReplyDelete